CERIA POPSTAR SMS VOTING (“Voting”) is organized by Measat Broadcast Network Systems Sdn Bhd (“Astro”) for viewers of the Astro service to vote for their favourite contestant in the programme entitled “POPSTAR” (“Programme”).
General InformationThe Programme is a reality singing competition show produced by Astro in search of the best kid’s singer in Malaysia. It begins with a series of open auditions held in KL, Penang and Johor Bharu, where 8 different contestants (“Contestant”) were chosen to compete in the Programme. The Contestant will compete against each other and members of the public will be able to vote for their favourite contestant in the final episode of the Programme.
The Voting Mechanics and Eligibility
- In the preliminary round, all Contestants will be judged by 3 juries. Scores will be given based on the unique styling, stage performance, presence and impact on the audience, entertainment value, techniques, showmanship, Wardrobe and props. Three lowest scoring contestants will be eliminated at the end of the preliminary round. The final episode is divided into two parts where the remaining 5 Contestants will compete in Part One of the final episode and public votes will affect the final scoring of each Contestant (30% from SMS votes and 70% from the judges scoring). The top 2 contestants with the highest combined score will enter into Part Two of the final episode and the champion will be selected based on the judges (100%).
- In the event of a tie, the Executive Producer and Producer of the Programme, Channel Manager (Astro Ceria) and/or other Astro representatives shall determine which Contestant shall be eliminated.
- The Voting is open to all Maxis, DiGi and Celcom prepaid and postpaid subscribers in Malaysia (“Voters”).
- The Voting shall be held from 1230hrs on 30th June 2013 to 1200hrs on 7th July 2013 or such other time as may be determined by Astro at its sole discretion (“Voting Period”).
There will be only one (1) method for Voters to submit their votes which is via Short Messaging System ( “SMS”) as follows:
To submit avote for their favourite Contestant, Voters must key in CP<space><Contestant’s Nicknames> and send it to 32777.
The Contestand’ nicknames are as listed below:
Contestant Name Contestant Nicknames HAIRUL & LEEN H&L ALIA BATRISYA TRISYA RAZMIL RAZMIL VISION MATE VMATE FLOWER QUEEN FQUEEN
- Single Vote
- Each vote sent by Voters will be subject to a premium charge of RM0.50 per vote. This charge is in addition to the standard fee charged by the Voter’s telecommunications service provider.
- If a SMS sent is not valid, the Voter will be notified by his/her telecommunications service provider via SMS. Each of such SMS will be charged RM0.30 by the Voter’s telecommunications service provider (save for Maxis users).
- Voters shall be solely responsible for all charges and costs incurred as a result of his/her participation in the Voting including (without limitation) all charges imposed by the Voter’s telecommunications service provider.
- Each vote shall be deemed as a voting entry by the Voter (“Voting Entry”).
- Voters can send in as many Voting Entries as they wish.
- Voters must ensure that their Voting Entries are complete and accurate. Astro shall have the right to disqualify Voting Entries which are incomplete, invalid or not made in accordance with the Terms and Conditions herein.
- Voters under the age of eighteen (18) must seek parental and/or guardian approval before participating in the Voting. Astro considers it the responsibility of parents and/or guardian to monitor their children’s (who are below the requisite age) participation in this Voting.
- Where applicable, Voters must obtain consent from the telecommunications service Bill Payers before participating in the Voting. Payment shall be made irrespective of whether such SMS/votes were authorised by the Bill Payer. For the purposes herein, the term "Bill Payer" shall mean the individual, company or entity specified in the registration or subscription form whose application for the relevant telecommunication service has been approved and accepted by the telecommunication service provider it subscribes to. Astro will not entertain any complaints (whether made orally or in writing) concerning such unauthorized SMS/votes made by Voters.
Proof of Receipt
- Proof of Voting Entry sent by a Voter does not constitute proof that the Voting Entry was received by Astro.
Use of Mobile Numbers
- Astro and/or its affiliates reserve the right to send SMS messages to the Voters’ mobile phone numbers containing information and/or promotional activities.
- If a Voter does not wish to receive such SMS messages the Voter is required to call and inform Astro accordingly by calling Astro’s call centre at 1-300-82-3838.
Adherence to Voting Terms and Conditions
Variation to the Terms and Conditions
- Astro reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to these Voting Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time and the Voters shall be bound to such changes.
Exclusion of LiabilityAstro will not be responsible or liable for:
- any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending a SMS as a result of any network, telecommunication or system error, interruption and/or failure experienced by the Voter’s telecommunication service provider and/or by Astro and/or resulting from participation in the Voting howsoever arising. In the event of such error, interruption and/or failure, Astro shall not be responsible or liable for any failure by any Voter to participate in the Voting at any time;
- any problem, damage or loss of whatsoever nature suffered by the Voters, or their authorised representatives resulting from their participation in the Voting;
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, destruction, alteration of or unauthorized Voting Entry howsoever arising (including without limitation as a result of server malfunctions, virus, bugs, human or technical error or other causes outside its control); and
- any other errors, acts or omissions whatsoever by the participating telecommunication service providers of the Voting.
- Without prejudice to any rights which Astro may have in law, Astro reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Vote that it determines to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Voting, to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Voting Terms and Conditions.
- Astro further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or delay the Voting in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control or for any reasons whatsoever at the sole and absolute discretion of Astro.
- These Voting Terms and Conditions shall be construed, governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
- All decisions made by Astro pertaining to all aspects of the Voting including without limitation the process and manner the votes are counted and vote results shall be final and no correspondence shall be entertained.